Purpose. A lot has been written and said about it because purpose is a significant part of a life well lived. Its power may lie in one simple thought: There is no forward without purpose.
- Purpose is a stake in the ground. It positions.
- Purpose is direction. It orients.
- Purpose is clarity. It focuses.
- Purpose is energizing. It empowers.
- Purpose is supportive. It overcomes.
Of course unstructured experimenting and discovery are wonderful tools for living. It’s not always necessary to know your purpose; mindless wandering has its place.
But having a purpose – knowing where ‘forward’ is – quickens the journey.
Coaching Point: When is having a purpose critical versus “nice to have” for teens? What’s your purpose? Where is forward for you?